Custom Search

Saturday, March 26, 2011

GET ME OUTTA HERE!!

We all have those days, maybe even weeks, where we have had enough.  We just have to get away.  As a high school teacher, those weeks seem to turn into months!  My husband and I try to get away from our hometown about once every two months.  Now, when I say get away, I don't mean to places like Mexico or Florida.  Since we don't live far from Indianapolis, we usually go downtown. 

Downtown Indy has something to offer everyone.  There's a mall, plenty of restaurants (expensive or reasonable), carriage rides, various bars, and even history.  For just a small fee of around $2, you can go up in the Soldiers and Sailors Monument and get a great view of Indy.  There are wonderful hotels within walking distance to all of these.  To look at the hotel's websites, they can cost between $100-$300 a night.  I don't know about you, but I am NOT paying that much for a hotel room per night. 

My husband and I use www.hotwire.com when it comes to booking hotel rooms.  You simply click that you want a hotel, where you want to go, when you want to go, and how many people will be staying in your room, then click "Find a hotel."  Next, you will find a list of available hotel rooms.  You can choose to have them listed by star rating, cost, location, etc.  Unfortunately, you do not know what hotel you chose until you pay for it.  I know that sounds a little intimidating, but we have had great luck with this website.  I figure, you can really go wrong with a 4-Star hotel! ....At least I hope not! :)  Each hotel description lists what amenities they have and a map of a vague location, until you pay of course.  We usually get 4-Star hotels for less than $70/night. 

On one more note, if you and your significant other are traveling together, you may want to ask the hotel receptionist at check-in if your room has a single bed or double beds.  Sometimes the hotel sets you up with a room with two beds.  They will be more than happy to give you a room with one bed if that is what you wish.  :) 

Happy hotel hunting!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment